Friday, August 17, 2012

Peaks, Pits, Praises, Prayers

Well y'all its been a crazy few weeks. I am finally back in my apartment and bug free! So the unpacking process has begun and things are a mess because I don't want to hang anything up on the walls yet until I decide where I want things to go. So I have boxes of decorations and things lined up along the walls. I only have gatorade, water, and ketchup in my fridge and I still don't have any cookware so there hasn't been any cooking going on. 

This week at work I covered two shifts for some ladies and I am pooped. Its been a long week and I still have to work tomorrow night. Its been a long week and I am just ready to finally have everything unpacked and my house to be a home. So my goal this weekend while I'm not at work is to finish unpacking everything and do a few touch up paint jobs around the house. 


So right now I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Classes start on Monday and I get to try and figure out how to balance a full time class load with a 30 hour work week. It is going to be interesting to see how things go and hopefully I can handle it and have some sort of social life. We shall see for sure. 

This week my big sister Mal got into Optometry school in San Antonio. There are only 26 optometry schools in the US and it is a huge honor for her to get in the first round. So this week she quit her job, packed up and moved to San Antonio, found an apartment and started orientation yesterday. Things are definitely going to be different with her 8 hours away from home. I have an aunt that lives in Austin though so at least she has some family close by. 

Now onto the good stuff. 

Peaks of the week- Definitely spending all of my free time with Jarr. He isn't working this year because he has a really hard class load and we have got to spend a TON of time together, he has also been a life saver with my house. He has helped me paint, bomb, clean, organize, and decorate. 

Pits of the week- working so much overtime this week has definitely worn me out, I'm not even finished with my work week and I'm pooped. Realizing that summer is over and I spent the majority of it working and I didn't go to the lake one single time. 

Praises of the week- I am praising God that Mal got into optometry school. She has worked really hard to have the GPA and test scores to get in and she deserves it. I'm also praising God for my amazing friends who always seem to know exactly what I need. 

Prayers of the week- I am praying I can get over this cough I have had for the last 3 weeks soon. I am praying that Mal does good at school and that she doesn't get homesick so far away. I'm also praying that this school year goes well and I make some friends at school. 

What are your Peaks, Pits, Praises, and Prayers for the week?
Photobucket

I'm linking up at these parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment