Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Healthy Choice Challenge Week 2


So how did the first challenge go? If you are a new reader check out Healthy Choice Challenge from last week to get in the loop. Was it harder then you thought it would be to drink one less soft drink a day and drink water instead? I have started challenging myself to drink at least 50 oz of water a day. I think this is difficult because I've never been one to sit and drink a whole drink, I usually leave it for a while then come back to it. With the water I have to consiously make myself drink it every day.

These last few weeks have been hard for me. Harvest is going on so my boyfriend is to busy with that to work out everyday. So I have been slacking a lot on working out, its just not happening right now. I have been doing lunges and an ab workout everyday but its not the same as my usual lifting and cardio. Hopefully next week when Harvest is over I'm not in to bad of shape.

I thought I would share with you my favorite healthy smoothie, I love smoothies. They are a great way to get in your fruit serving while still enjoying something tasty. Its almost as good as a strawberry malt from Braums.


I found this recipe on Pintrest, that's where people find everything! I don't know how we did things before Pinterest. The only changes I make are I switch the rasberries with strawberries and I use V8 fruit fusion juice, which also helps with my fruit/vegatable allowance for the day.

This smoothie is great for breakfast or on the go. I drink it on my way to work in the morning. Just a little tip, if you grind up the oatmeal in the blender before you add everything else it helps make it small and undetectable.

My challenge this week is for you to go outside and do something for at least 30 minutes. I know its hot, its in the 90's in OK already. But you can ride a bike, play some catch with your kids, go swimming, or just work on the yard. Whatever you want, just some kind of activity for 30 minutes outside. The only rule is no sitting, like laying out or riding the lawn mower. Those don't count.

Want some more inspiration? Check out Janice from Fitness Cheerleader and her post on Getting and Staying Healthy is Sexy.

So go outside and be active!! Have some fun in the sun! What are you going to do outside this week for the challenge?


I'm linking up at



The DIY Dreamer

Photobucket





No comments:

Post a Comment