Its that time of year again! The last week of the semester and no sleep for all of the college students. As I spend my last few days of the semester cramming away and typing my fingers off writing papers I have a few things I've learned this semester I would like to share with you.
This is what Eli thinks we should do instead of study for finals.
- I will always always always be a procrastinator, it doesn't matter how many times I try to get myself to start early enough.
- I work best under pressure, I have three papers due tomorrow and only one that is 90% finished and I still am procrastinating by writing this post.
- I have the best professors around. Seriously, I absolutely love my professors in my college. I go to a huge University but they know my name, what I want to do, and they talk to me like an adult.
- It doesn't matter what your responsibilities are, getting the assignment done is the only option. Many a nights this semester I have pulled all-nighters to finish a paper and then gone to work all day.
- College isn't what a lot of people think it's going to be like. I don't go to parties, I work 30-40 hours a week and I'm a full time student taking 15 hours. I pay all of my own bills and I'm responsible completely for myself. I've been on my own since I turned 18 and moved out of my momma's house. I'm not some sorority girl who lives off her parents and gets whatever she wants.
- Sometimes you have to buy school supplies and books instead of eating. Unfortunately, this happens because of number 5. I love my job and my employers but I barely make enough to get by and they think because I'm young it's okay to pay me less.
- Just because I'm young doesn't mean I don't deserve respect for the amount of work I do. Quite frankly, I work my tail off. I am always exhausted, I work two jobs plus go to school and I still manage to live. Just because I'm young doesn't mean I don't know how to work or that my job isn't important.
- I wouldn't survive without Jarr and Eli. Coming home to them everyday makes my day worth whatever I've had to deal with. Jarr gives me continuous and unfailing support while Eli will snuggle with me and make me feel loved.
- I love my major more and more every day. I truly have found something I love to learn about and have a passion for.
- I drank a whole gallon of sweet tea by myself yesterday to stay awake! Yikes! I was a ball of sugar yesterday but I did almost my entire book review and I made dinner!
Its finals week so all bets are off. What have you learned about yourself this past fall?