Friday, January 17, 2014

Peaks, Pits, Praises, Prayers

Holiday season's are always hard. Things get crazy with people traveling and families all try to spend as much time together as they can. As I've mentioned many times before I have a big crazy Southern family. We get together and have feasts and make amazing memories. I love my family with all of my heart and I am so blessed to have them in my life. 

Well this holiday season we had a tragedy, someone in my family passed away. My other half, my partner in crime, my kindred spirit, was killed tragically in a car accident the week before Christmas. So this holiday season hasn't felt like fun. It's been sad and lonely. Someday I'll post more about this, its still too soon to talk much about it. 

Some weeks are just harder then other ones and this one has been tough. Starting back to school has been a lot tougher then I thought it would be. 



Peaks - Starting school this week I realized that after this semester I will have a whopping 10 hours left to graduate. It's getting real folks!!! Tonight is my little sisters high school basketball Homecoming and she is a senior! It will be nice to see my family at this and spend time with them again. 

Pits - Hearing a song on the radio that makes me break down. Last night me and Jarr were sitting in a restaurant waiting for our dinner to arrive and a song came on in the background and I broke down. Little things like this will always be hard. 

Praises - For Jarr, he has been my rock through everything. Always bringing a smile to my face and giving me a shoulder to lean on. He's the best and I praise God for giving me he continued strength and comfort in the form of Jarr. 

Prayers - I ask that you pray for me, my family, and our community. I'm from a small town and this has hit us hard. The loss is great and our hurt is continuous. 

What are your Peaks, Pits, Praises, and Prayers this week? 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment