Friday, May 25, 2012

Peaks, Pits, Praises, Prayers

I don't get to spend as  much time as I would like with my boyfriend, due to jobs,  homework, and family responsiblities. So when we are together it is always nice to just sit and talk about our day and how things are going. He is from a farm family and harvest just started, this week actually. So he always has interesting stories about what is happening on the farm. When we are together we always talk about our day and how it was, I tend to be a little negative about things at times but he always makes me talk about the peak as well as the pit of my day.

So the Peak of my week has been that I finished my annoying little table and I'm very proud of how it turned out. I think it looks great.



The Pit of my week is that harvest has started and that means even less time I get to spend with my boyfriend. I know it will only be a few weeks but it makes for a long day when we don't get to talk or see each other until late at night.


My Praise for this week is that my cousin Trey is graduating high school today. He is my only boy cousin and my family is really close so he is more like a brother to me. I made cupcakes and cookies for his graduation party all day yesterday, the recipes will be at the bottom of this post. I am so proud of him for graduating, I know that he will do great things one day.


My Prayers at the end of this week are that harvest goes well and no one gets hurt and that the combines stop breaking down. That Trey isn't intimidated by what's coming and that he puts his future in God's hands. Lastly, that my family that traveled to Oklahoma for Trey's graduation have safe travels back home and that everyone has a safe memorial day vacation.



Now time for some recipes, I made three different types of cupcakes and I just used a box mix but I used the Perfect Cupcake Recipe from Tidy Mom on all three of them and let me just say, they are amazing!!!

Why yes this is a picture of the 6 dozen cupcakes I made last night.

I also made chocolate chip cookies because they are Trey's favorite. I have found that the best recipe for homemade chocolate chip cookies is Betty Crockers Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies so that's they recipe I always use. You didn't get a picture of those because by the time I was finished last night I just wanted to go to bed. But I also made 3 1/2  dozen of those.

What are the Peaks, Pits, Praises, and Prayers from your week?

 



I'm linking up at
Furniture Feature Fridays

2 comments: