Monday, May 21, 2012

What's for dinner?

When I get home everyday I usually have an idea of what I want to make for dinner. Some days I'm lazy and we go and eat somewhere, but this summer I'm really trying to cook dinner every night. It saves a lot of money and I enjoy cooking. Deciding what to cook for dinner always seems to be the hardest part. Luckily, my boyfriend comes from a farm family, that means we always have beef on hand. Unfortunately, I have a very picky eater on hand. So I modify a lot of recipes so he will eat them.

Tonight for dinner I'm trying a new recipe I found today on Pintrest. This recipe is from Betty Crocker and it's called Nacho Skillet Casserole, I made a few modifications though so here is my version.

Ingredients:
1 lb of ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1 can (15 oz) of tomato sauce
3 heaping tablespoons of salsa
2 heaping tablespoons of sour cream
2 cups of tortilla chips
2-4 cups of cheese

Tortilla chips and sour cream to serve.

Directions:
1. In 12-inch skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in sugar, chili powder, tomato sauce, salsa, and sour cream. Simmer 10 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is desired consistency.

2. Sprinkle tortilla chips evenly over meat mixture; top with cheese. Cover; simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately with sour cream and extra chips.


Before I could take a picture someone had already dug in! It was delicious though and will definitely be added into our rotation. It was plenty for the two of us, but the boyfriend eats a lot and we still have enough for my lunch tomorrow. I hope you enjoy the recipe! What did you have for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment