Thursday, June 28, 2012

Junky Old Barn #2

To find out about my junky old barn and where I found all of these lovely treasures go and read my Junky Old Barn post. I got to Jarr's after work one day and find him there also still in his work clothes. So what do I do? I ask him very sweetly if he will come help me with something. Little did he know I was dragging him to the barn to get out some of the treasures I had spied last time I was digging around at the door. With Jarr's help I managed to actually get into the barn this time and we got some pretty good stuff. I was really excited when we brought all of this back up to the house! And I saw a few more things for new time! :)


Here is a good picture of all the things we brought back up to the house. I was jumping around like a little girl when we got it up there and Jarr was getting a pretty good laugh at house excited I was at his family's "junk".


These are two wooden frames I found in the back of the barn on a pile of wood. I'm not exactly sure what they were for but I already have some ideas of how to use them. Gallery wall anyone?


Jarr saw this can and grabbed it for me. I love it! I think its so pretty, rust and all. I didn't take it into the house because I'm not sure what kind of oil was in it and how sanitary/safe it is. So I'm doing a little research before this baby comes inside. Does anyone know anything about these cans?


This is one of the few shovel's we found. I'm not sure what will happen with this little guy but I have a few ideas. He is pretty dirty and rusty but a good cleaning will fix him right up.


I'm not exactly sure what this is. Its like a little table but it looks like a mini podium. It needs a little work because it sits uneven but we can take care of that no problem. Its really sturdy other then that and you can tell it was well made. This might turn into a nice little side table.


I found this basket laying under a box and I wanted it. It's a little bent and needs some TLC and a coat of paint but I think I can fix her up to be a beaut. I'm really excited that I found her because I've been looking for something like this for awhile. Who knew I would find it in Jarr's backyard!


I also found a few more of these jugs. I just love them so much! I am so excited to have more to decorate with. Sadly as I was moving these into the house I dropped one on the concrete so I only have 3 now not 4. But its better then none so I will take it!

If you haven't noticed yet I tend to give everything I find a gender and they become my babies. I am a grandma at heart who just takes in everyone.

What goodies have you found this week?




2 comments:

  1. These are some cool items! I especially like the frames and the jars! I found some cool items at Home Goods over the weekend - 2 framed wall art pieces on clearance for $2 each and a window shutter wall art piece for $7! Can't wait to see what you do with these. :)

    ReplyDelete