Monday, March 9, 2015

Our Next Big Step

I mentioned a few weeks ago in my post about Grown up Decisions that Jarr and I got engaged. If you want to hear some about our love story where it all started go check out How Our Love Story Began.  So today I'm going to talk about the most recent step in our journey together.

Jarr and I have been together for almost 5 years, its crazy to think that we have been together for that long but I also can't remember a life without him being in it. He has been my best friend, my strength, my biggest support, and my champion for the last 5 years and I couldn't be more happy.

So a little history first, Jarr and I are the same age and we started college at the same time. But his degree plan takes 5 years and mine only took 4 but I pushed it to 4 and half years because I figured why hurry, lets enjoy this. But as I talked about in Grown Up Decisions we are going to have some big life changes when Jarr graduates this coming May. We have lived together for the last 2 years of our relationship while we have been in college so we know this is it for us, we are each others forevers.

This was such a big step for us! We couldn't be more happy!

So, in a very nontraditional manner we have been talking about and planning out when the best time for us to get married would be since last fall, like August and September. So as I feel like all couples who are serious should do we discuss our finances together. We each know how much debt the other person has and we know how much money the other person makes. Maybe not all couples do this but I think its important as a couple to both be aware of the finances and income of your relationship. Anyway, with this being said, I know Jarr's budget and income when it comes to a proposing. So I wasn't in any way expecting that he had been saving for an engagement ring and had one.

So on a Thursday night I get home from market with my aunt and Jarr asks me if I want to go with him to the free hot air-balloon rides on campus tomorrow. I of course say yes because I have always wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride. So on Friday I go to work and leave a little early so I can beat the traffic and be home in time to go with Jarr.

With the hot air balloon! 

So we went up to campus and got in line for the rides...then waited 3 hours. Yep, we waited in line for 3 hours. During the wait we saw a gazebo and make jokes about it and thought it would be cool to check out. So after we finally got to the front of the line and signed a ton of waivers we walked over to the gazebo. While we were standing in the middle of it talking about the gazebo and how it was like the sound of music Jarr got down on one knee.

I was so shocked I asked him if he was joking. Ha little did I know it was for real, I was so excited. Then he surprises me even more by telling me my mom, sister, and aunt were there and had been waiting for the whole 3 hours so they could be apart of it also. I was beyond surprised and excited that I got to share this special moment with my family. Jarr knows how much they mean to me and I'm so glad he included them in our special memory.

My wonderful family that got to be apart of this with us!

So that's our story, it is just like us. Sometimes the plans don't work out so we figure out something else and it always ends up being better. I'm so glad he proposed in the gazebo and it was a private special moment for just us.

So now the big mess of wedding planning is in full swing. We are narrowing down things and making decisions. I hope you will follow along with our journey to the big day.

What is your proposal story? Did everything go according to plan?




Photobucket

I'm linking up at these parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment