Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Amazing Blessings

Well I have some great news, if you read my Peaks, Pits, Praises, Prayers on Friday then you know I was going apartment hunting Friday night and hoping to find something wonderful. Well I did, this weekend has been a whirlwind of things and yesterday Jarr and I went to meet with our landlords and sign our leases. He is living with a buddy in a duplex about 15 minutes from me. I found a cute little duplex right by campus, its about 3 blocks away. I am so excited and relieved that I have somewhere to live when August gets here. I am really happy with my new home and I can't wait to start moving things and making it my own.


So let me tell you the story, on Friday we went to look for apartments for me to live in. 1 bedroom apartments in a college town tend to be pretty pricey or really hard to find a good one. So I can honestly say I was dreading this, I was nervous and anxious about what would happen. We looked at 5 apartments on Friday and the last one was the perfect one. It is a duplex and has a living area, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, huge closet, and fenced in backyard. Let me start off by telling you it's a little old, the kitchen is dated and it has built-ins. A built in desk in the bedroom and in the living room. Now I am not a fan of built-ins but this was a great deal and a nice place. So I decided to look at them as a challenge and to take the place.

On Friday night after we had looked at everything we went to dinner and talked about the pro's and con's of every place as well as the price and what I would have to provide for each apartment. Some of the apartments you had to provide your own fridge or pay extra for the one they have. I'm a college student I don't have a fridge laying around. So I had narrowed it down to two apartments, I decided on the last one because the neighborhood was safer and that's a big issue for me. I'm a girl living by myself, I have to be in a safe neighborhood. It was also quite a bit cheaper then the other one. Like $150 cheaper and money is a big issue for me also, like I'm freaking about needing a job. So I choose the more affordable one with the HUGE closet and safe neighborhood.

I don't have any pictures of the place for you yet, I turned in all of my information yesterday and paid my deposit and first month's rent so I am good to go. Now I just need to get my key's and I can start moving furniture and things in.

So I have one thing checked off my list, place to live is taken care of. Now the big one, the scary one, and the hard one: finding a job. I applied to some places yesterday when we went back to sign everything and pay for my apartment. One of the places I applied to yesterday called me about 5 minutes after I left and asked me to come back, they wanted me to meet the CEO. Now let me just tell you I screamed like a little girl I was so excited. So I hurried back and got to meet him, he was very polite and said he would be in touch very soon about the position. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that that will work out.

It's been a very busy 4 days for me and I haven't worked on much but I am finishing a project tonight when I get off work. So hopefully something new for you tomorrow. I couldn't contain my excitement about finding a place and I hoped you would all join in on my little celebration.

What have your amazing blessings been lately?


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up at the GFC Blog Hop today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finding a home and I know that God will provide the perfect job for you! :-) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inspiration Friday last weekend!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete