Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Last Day

Well today is my last day at my job. I have been here for two years as a student secretary and I have really enjoyed this job. I have learned a lot about myself these last two years and about how I work with other people. We have had a lot of changes in my office since I have been here and it has been interesting to watch us grow. I have made some friends I will have forever at this job and there are some people I won't miss seeing everyday.


In my two years at Distance I have become the Senior Student Secretary, a fancy way to say I've been here the longest and know the most. I have created and designed a student guide in a 4 day time period and sent it to press. I have filmed countless events and helped organize the entire office in a summer. I have filed countless papers, sent hundreds of faxes, and given numerous exams. I have answered thousands of phone calls and delt with tons of professors and students. I have also had a lot of laughs at this job and spent quite a few nights working late and eating pizza with my coworkers.

I will miss Distance and the family I have here. These people are my work family and I have come use to seeing them everyday and working with them. In the last two years I have spent a lot of time with them on and off the job. It will be hard to leave this office today and know I will never come back in. This has been the constant in my life for the last two years and even though I know I am doing the right thing for my future it will still be hard to leave this.

So as I am bidding farewell to my Distance family and remembering all of the good times we have had I am also looking forward to the new adventures. I will never have another job like this one and that makes me sad and also excited for what is to come. So here is to the start of a new adventure!

What new adventures are you starting?


I'm linking up to these parties! 

1 comment:

  1. Leaving is hard, but also exciting to see what the future holds! I'm your newest follower from the GFC blog hop.

    ReplyDelete