Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bloggy Awards

Some lovely ladies have decided to honor me with a few awards. I can't even explain how excited and happy both of these awards have made me. I grinned like a fool at work and text Jarr immediately to tell him the great news! I haven't been blogging for long and getting awards for it is something I never expected. I can't thank these lovely ladies enough.

The first award I was given is the Liebster Award, I already received this award a few months ago but thought I would  just put both of these awards together today. To read about the first time I got the Liebster Award check out When Things go from Good to Amazing.

The lovely Erin from Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost, I love Erin's blog. She is living in Ireland right now and has such great posts about her life there.
The Liebster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

This is how it works...

  1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
  2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
  3. Choose up to 11 people and link them in your post.
  4. Go to their page and tell them.
  5. No tag backs!
I am going to tell you 11 things about myself and answer Erin's lovely questions but I won't be nominating anyone else since I've already done that once.

  1. My left leg weighs 3 pounds  more then my right.
  2. I have a pug named Lily who lives at home with my momma.
  3. I love chocolate and usually have some every single day. :)
  4. I played basketball from the time I was 4 until I graduated high school.
  5. I am almost 6 foot tall.
  6. I have really long eyelashes and people often ask me if they are fake.
  7. I love laying out and getting a good tan. (Even if it is bad for me)
  8. I wear a Tiffany's ring every day that Jarr got me for my birthday.
  9. I play slot machine games on my I-phone when I have free time.
  10. I want to live in another country someday.
  11. I want to be a camp counselor some day for a whole summer.
And now for Erin's questions for me.

  1. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? That would for sure be chocolate chip ice cream from Braum's, which is an Okie thing. Best ice cream ever!
  2. Mac or PC? Mac for sure, I love working on mac's.
  3. What is your favorite meal? Easily my grandma's fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, fried okra, corn on the cob, rolls, and a big glass of sweet tea.
  4. What is the one song you can't resist getting up and dancing to? That would be Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus. I know its ridiculous but I can't help it, that song makes me dance every time.
  5. What is your favorite picture? Share it! My favorite picture is below. It's of me and my two best friends, Skye and Katie. I love those girls so much, this pretty much perfectly describes our friendship. We have so much fun together but I know I can count on them for anything.
  6. What is your biggest pet peeve? When people volunteer to do something and then complain about it the whole time they are doing it. It drives me up the wall.
  7. What is your favorite childhood memory? When we would all go to the lake and camp out. We used to stay in tents during the summer and live out there. It was a blast for sure, I love my family and we had so much fun together.
  8. Do you have any tattoos? Not yet I don't but I am going to get one soon. I am excited about it.
  9. If money was no issue, in what store would you spend the most? This is such a hard question for me because I LOVE clothes with a huge passion. I would probably buy a Mac desktop though. I want one so bad.
  10. Do you have any pets? I have a lovely little pug named Lily who I adore, she lives with my momma though and I see her when I visit. We also have a cat named Markie.
  11. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging as a way to express my creative ideas and as a release from the stress I have in my life.


Now on to the next award I was given, the Versatile Blogger award.
The lovely Julie from Jam's Corner gave me this amazing award and I am so honored. I was so excited when I got this award and I can't thank Julie enough.


Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated me.
2. Include a link to their site in the post.
3. Include the above award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award, I'm only doing 10 though!
6. When nominating include a link to their site.
7. Let other bloggers know they have been nominated.
So here are my 7 random facts about myself.

  1. My favorite fruit is strawberries.
  2. I had braces for two years and hated them but now I have straight teeth.
  3. I qualified for the state track meet in high school.
  4. I am in a sorority.
  5. I have my entire life packed up in boxes right now.
  6. I have low blood sugar and have to eat often.
  7. I got a hair cut on Wednesday and I LOVE it.
Now for the really hard part. Nominating other bloggers, why is this hard you ask because there are so many great blogs out there and a lot of you have already received this award. So here is goes

  1. Katlyn @ The Dreamy Meadow
  2. Christine @ The Crafty Woman
  3. Alli @ Life on LeRoy
  4. Julia @ 551 East Furniture Design
  5. Niki @ Gumdrops & Gloss
  6. Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados, and the Bay
  7. Landi @ Freckled Confessions
  8. Amber @ Barefoot Blonde
  9. Rachel @ Lala Lists
  10. Breanna @ My Beautiful, Crazy Life 


Thank you again Erin and Julie so much for the awards! I am so honored and glad to have gotten them!
Photobucket
Don't forget to follow me!  

3 comments:

  1. You're very welcome, Morgan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you! This is very sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination! I'm still not sure how it all works, but I'll figure it out! ;)

    Christine, the Crafty Woman

    ReplyDelete