Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Honesty is The Best Policy

I've been sharing my healthy living journey with you and so far I've talked about what I want to do here, I've talked about getting physical, and I've talked about how much hydration matters. So today I'm going to get real with you about how my side of the healthy living journey is going. I'm going to be honest guys, it's really hard. Some days when I get home late from work and Jarr is just getting home from school I don't want to cook and I definitely don't want to go work out. So, we don't. I know that's terrible but this is about a lifestyle change. So ultimately we try and be good everyday but some days its just not going to happen.

So instead we start again the next day and try to be better. Sometimes a girl just needs mashed potatoes for dinner so that's what I make with chicken and I make sure I eat a salad with it. Then we take Remy for an hour long walk and I don't let myself feel bad about eating mashed potatoes.



So I'm going to share with you some inspiration that I need and I'm sure will help you also. I'm going to be honest here, the struggle is real to make a lifestyle change. So we are trying to make dinner every night and to at least take Remy for a walk every day. Some days this doesn't happen but we are pretty good 80% of the time.


There are no excuses to not be healthy, so straight up, I'm lazy. If I've had a hard day at work I just want to go home, lay on my couch, and not make dinner. I don't think there is anything wrong with that if it isn't every day of my life. I think that one day a week that's okay. I'll never be a Victoria Secret model or probably look like the girls in these inspiration photos but I will be a healthier version of myself and that's what matters to me.


This is key for me, I am proving people wrong. Some people say that I need to lose weight but they are wrong, I don't need to lose weight. I am beautiful at any size, we all are. But if I want to be healthier that is my choice and I can do it without dieting and killing myself at the gym. I can make myself a better version of me by doing things at my own pace and on my own time. It will take longer but that's the difference in a lifestyle change and in a fad diet.


That's the thing, I don't let one day ruin my week. If I have a day where I cheat and I eat bad and we might not work out then I start over the next day. This isn't ideal but that's how life works. I refuse to give up being healthy because I decide I want a cheeseburger for dinner one night. It's okay to not eat clean and healthy every single meal and you can still make a lifestyle change.


So I'm still working on making a healthier version of myself but I'm doing it on my own terms. How is the healthy living going for you? Do you give yourself a break or are you hard core 24/7?


Photobucket

I'm linking up at these parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment