Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Wedding Wednesday- Favors vs No Favors

If you are just now joining us make sure to check out all of the other Wedding Wednesdays; Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, and Week 4. So far I have talked about a lot of the big decisions you have to make when you are planning your big day. Today I am going to talk about something that a lot of couples are deciding to skip all together.



When you decide what kind of wedding you want to have the biggest thing to keep in mind is the budget. So while some might skimp on food to splurge on the photographer others will cut out traditional things to have new things they would like to have.


Image

So the ever present question in wedding planning. Do I have to do this or can I just skip it? One of the things I have found that couples skip out on the most is wedding favors. I can understand the desire to skip this step of wedding planning, there always seem to be a lot of favors left over.

Image

But like the true Southern girl I like to call myself I just can't seem to skip out on this traditional part of weddings. Some people will travel a very far way for your wedding and I think it is polite to give them a small gift for making the effort to celebrate with you.

Image

While some couples will spend $50 per guest in food and drinks, I think that favors are something you can make for your guest at a low cost while still gifting them something creative and fun.

Image 


I also do not think that your favor has to necessarily go along with your wedding. It can simply be something that is very uniquely you and your groom. Our favors are something that I thought was fun and unique to us. It is also a slight deviation from an idea I saw on Pinterest and I think it is just enough to let our guest know that we appreciate them making the effort to come be apart of our big day.


Do you think wedding favors are a time of the past or a necessary item?

Photobucket

I'm linking up at these parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment