Monday, April 6, 2015

Spring Break Vacation

A few weeks ago I mentioned that we would be going on a road trip and I posted about traveling in style. Today I'm going to share with you a little bit about what we did while we were in Colorado Springs and share with you one of my favorite things to do when I travel to new places. Jarr and I took a little road trip up to Colorado Springs with our sweet fur baby Remy and his parents and brother. It was an 8 hour drive from his parents house but we made it fun by doing some wedding planning on the road and getting to spend time together.


Why yes we did put our German Shepherd in the back of my Mustang. We laid down the back seat put a sheet down so she wouldn't get fur all over everything and we got on the road. Now Remy is a great car rider, she will lay down and chew a bone or take a nap almost the whole way as long as she gets potty breaks and some time to run around every 3-4 hours which is perfect because I usually need a break by then too. 


We did lots of sight seeing while we were there and spent some time investing the town and trying out local eateries which I always enjoy. But my favorite day of our trip we went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. This is my favorite thing to do when visiting places, zoo's are so unique and you always get a fun experience while you are there. This zoo in particular was on the top of a mountain so the view was amazing. 


Behind us is all of Colorado Springs, it was breathtaking to see everything look so little. Another fun thing about this zoo is that they have a Sky View ride  you can take up to the top, which is basically a ski lift. But, you get to see a lot of the zoo and you can check out the animals from a different view. It is really unique and it was a lot of fun to try. By far though, my favorite thing about this zoo was the giraffe's.


When I say they had a lot of them it's not a joke. There were at least 15 giraffe's at this zoo and some were little guys and some were very proud fellows. The giraffe enclosure had you walk around most of their outside enclosure on an elevated deck so you were a lot closer to their heads then the rest of their body. 


A really cool thing you could do at this zoo was feed the giraffe's huge pieces of greens you could buy. We didn't buy any but if you stood right next to someone who did you could get a good picture and usually get in a good pet. This was  a really cool experience and I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting the Colorado Springs area.

We had a lot of fun on this trip and I really enjoyed the area. This was a part of Colorado I had never explored before and I'm looking forward to going back and riding the tog railway up to Pike's Peak someday. It was closed while we were there due to snow on the tracks.

What do you like to do when visiting new places? Do you have things you always try to do?

Photobucket

I'm linking up at these parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment