Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Let's Get Physical

Last week I shared with you about how I am starting a healthy life journey after letting myself go when we moved and started over at our current home. Last week my goal was to stay under my calories every day. I'm going to be honest, I failed. I did really good during the week and then Saturday and Sunday came with my family and things got out of hand. I was active this week though and I'm giving myself a pass because it was Easter weekend but like I said this is a journey. Every day is a new day and I'm not going to beat myself up over splurging for two days. I am back on track this week and my new goal is to sweat.

 Image

That's right people, we are going to sweat it out. The goal for this week is not to get so many miles or even minutes but to make sure that every day you sweat. Not from sitting around in the heat but from being up and active and it making you burn some calories and sweat.

 I think that this statement is so true, I'm going to be honest. After working out hard I look like a hot mess. My hair is usually falling down all around me and my skin is splotchy and I'm breathing hard. Its not a cute look, but thankfully Jarr doesn't mind because he usually looks the same way after a work out. If you are working out to impress people or to look good, just stop. Seriously, you shouldn't work out for anyone but you. If it's not for you, then its not for you.


I really like this tip that I found above, I think its a great way to get a sense of how working out should be. For years I was a big athlete and played sports competitively and worked really hard to stay in shape. For people not like that this is a great guide. You really need to get your body up and moving and sweating to burn calories that count. I had a coach tell me once that it doesn't count until your muscles are burning. 


So lets get out there and sweat people! Let's feel the burn and make this healthy living challenge about being better all around. Let's make a difference in our health so that we can make a difference in the world.

And let's be real folks, if you fall off the wagon one day that doesn't mean you are done for the week. Get back on the next day and try again, this is what healthy living is all about. It's about learning how to live a healthier life that works with your life.

Did you stay on track last week? What is the hardest part about living healthy for you?

Photobucket

I'm linking up at these parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment