Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Asking My Maids

So in the spirit of sharing all my DIY wedding projects with you guys I wanted to share with you how I asked my bridesmaids to be my Bridesmaids. I made them all boxes with their monograms on them and filled them with fun goodies that fit their personalities. I'm going to share with you step by step how I made these boxes so you can make your own! This is very simple and you could definitely make this a gift for any occasion!

Above is the finished product, this is what the inside of the box looks like once everything was put inside. The first thing I did was look at Michael's and Hobby Lobby to try and find the right size box. I wanted them to be a pretty good size but not huge. I also wanted them to be deep enough to fit good stuff. A few of my girls got planners with their box as well as the above stuff so I needed them to be big enough for the planner. 



This box I got from Michael's and it is a little bit different from the others because it was for my matron of honor. So I just got her box a little bigger, everything else is the same as the other bridesmaid gifts. 

My first step was painting the whole outside of the box white, I just used a basic white from the craft isle. I thought that white would be good because it will match everything so the girls can use the box.


Then I picked out some fun craft paper and used this to line the inside of the box. On the top of box I decided to go with a fun glitter paper. I got this at Michael's also but I'm sure you could get it at any craft store. To get the paper lined up in the box correctly I did it the simplest way possible. I laid the paper on the inside of the box and used some scissors and trimmed the edges a little at a time until it fit. It took a little white but after much debate and a few trial and errors this seemed like the easiest way. 


Then I used glue dots to attach them to the box. I put a ton, I don't know if you can seem them but they are all over the back of the craft paper and I put some on the wood box also. I didn't want the paper falling off so I went a little over board. 


This is what the top (left) looks like after the craft paper is attached. I decided to go ahead and paint the inside top edges. I thought it looked more finished this way. I only did this on the top though. I figured the bottom wouldn't be noticeable once the box was full. 

This is the bottom (right) of the box once the craft paper was put in. I followed the same steps for the bottom as I did the top, trim with scissors and then attach with several glue dots. I also pressed down on the craft paper pretty hard to make sure that they seemed attached.


This is the inside of the box with the craft paper. I thought a full view might show you better how it looks with the craft paper inside it. 


Above you will see what I put inside of this box for my matron of honor. My bridesmaids got all of this except the note pad- they got a planner instead and no hair ties. I wanted to make it special for each girl so I got them fingernail polish colors I thought would fit them and the bridesmaids all got planners that went with their personalities. 


With the help of my future MIL I made these monograms with her cricket. We used the sticker paper and each girl got a different color. I went with their favorite colors and I think it turned out well. I also put a coat of mod-podge on top of the stickers to make sure they wouldn't peel up. 

If you don't have access to a cricket you could always use stencils to paint on their monograms or put it on craft paper and mod-podge it down on the boxes. 


Here is a large picture of the inside of the gift boxes. I think they turned out really well and they are a fun gift that the girls could use for anything. 

How did you ask your maids? 

Photobucket

I'm linking up at these parties!
Coastal Charm 

3 comments:

  1. My sister is planning her wedding so I will send her this link! - Seri from serisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I hope she likes them! They were a lot easier to make then I thought they would be!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! You filled the boxes with really fun stuff, and I love the monogram! Please come share your blog posts over at the Home Matters Linky Party! We'd love to have you for a visit. The Door is OPEN. http://lifewithlorelai.com/2015/05/28/home-matters-linky-party-39/ :)

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete